Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rice harvest outside my apartment in Nishi-Kanazawa


Autumn has officially arrived in Kanazawa. Literally on the 1st September a little old farmer and his wife (I presume) dragged their reluctant looking son (presuming again) to help them in harvesting the tiny rice fields right outside my apartment.


Having watched them preparing, seeding, watering and tendering the fields I felt a pinch of sadness seeing the golden crops get the chop and the little fields look so bare! Maybe they’ll plant something else on them. I hope so, I’ll miss my daily walk mentally checking their progress.


After the rice crop has been cut the little farmer brings his little tractor with his little trailer and takes the corn to the little barn where it is dried out

No comments:

Post a Comment