This morning I left mum to spend a relaxing morning in the Ceruluean spa (pool, Jacuzzi, sauna etc) and set off to find Watanabes hairdressers. My roots were getting sooo bad, it had become a necessity. I had gone to get my hair cut in a swank place in Kanazawa a few months back. I was planning to get a cut and have blonde highlights. I'm not that trusting of hairdressers at the best of times so I had even learnt the Japanese hairdressing lingo, see below;
- Burichi iremasen onegai shimasu- Please don’t put bleach in
- Ichi ban tsuyoi heteakara no hoka ni burichi- Strongest hair dye without bleach (I mean the lightest blonde you can get without bleach)
- Kami buatsui arimasu- I have thick hair
- Tabun motto takusan jikan irimasu- Maybe you need a lot more time
- Orenji kami hoshikunai onegai shimasu! - No orange hair please!
and I really mean that last sentence, no orange hair please! Most of the Japanese here who “go blonde” end up orange as they use a ton of peroxide due to their hair being so thick. Anyway I couldn’t believe how dumb I was in thinking that a hairdresser in Kanazawa (classed as countryside in Japan) would actually stock non-peroxide blonde highlights for Western hair, DOH!!!.
I came out feeling great, flicking my blonde curled locks all the way down Harajuku Street.
Address: Watanabe Hair Salon, 3-25-6 Jingumae Shibuya-Ku Tokyo, JapanTel: 03-3405-1188. Detailed directions (which I used and didn't get lost!) are on Julie’s blog.