Monday, February 1, 2010

Japan: what next?


This indecisions bugging me....lalalala.

My year in Japan is rapidly coming to an end. It has totally flown by and now I've hit that dilemma that I'm sure many people who move to Japan have experienced. What do I do now?!

Half of me wants to stay for another 6 months, possibly a year (the wilder side) but then the other half of me (the more sensible side) is reminding me that I'm turning 32 in a few months time and it's time to get back to the old job and establish some roots again. Oh to be 18 again!

Moving to Japan has been such a huge stress releiver for me. Being an ALT is a stress free job and gives you so much time on your hands to contemplate life. It has definately allowed me to take a step back and evaluate everthing (oh and appreciate the simplest of things like speaking English!)

So at the moment I'm either going to move to Chiba (find out soon) or do some travelling in Japan and maybe Laos/Vietnam before going back to the UK in time for the summer. I've seen a voluntary project in Japan that looks interesting...hmmm decisions decisions...




No comments:

Post a Comment