Monday, February 15, 2010

ALT Lesson Plans with Eigo Note, 5th grade. Lesson 5 I don't like blue

This part of Eigo Note is called "I don' t like blue" but my poor little blighters had just done 4 back to back lessons learning "I like" and "I don't like". As a consequence I changed the target language for Eigo Note lesson 5 to "Do you have...nani nani?" and the reply would be "Yes I do" and "Here you are" or "No I don't".

We played some really fun games whilst practising the target language. One was so simple and was called "Search and Find" It basically involved a group of pupils coming to the front of the class and facing the board whilst other pupils hid about 10 flashcards amongst each other. They then had 2 minutes to collect as many cards as they could find. So one pupil from the searching group had to ask another pupil "Do you have some brown shorts" to which they would reply "No I don't"

We also played a bargaining/shopping game which I found on Genki English website. I've never seen my 5th graders get so excited haggling away their goods and exchanging money. If you do play the game, it might be best to split into smaller groups to make sure you can listen to the transactions. My pupils would somehow forget to say the "Do you have...." part and go straight into the haggling.

I then finished lesson 5 off with having pupils do a final introduction on themselves and what they liked and don't like. They were pretty confident with the language by then. Anyway download my Eigo Note lesson plans below if you want:

Grade 5 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 5- (5.16) I don't like blue part 1

Grade 5 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 5- (5.17)- I don't like blue part 2

Grade 5 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 5- (5.18)- I don't like blue part 3

Grade 5 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 5- (5.19)- I don't like blue part 4


Signing off......

No comments:

Post a Comment