Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On the subject of zazen....some crazy Japanese TV for you!

Since I'm on the subject of zazen, lotus poses and numb limbs I thought I just have to share this one with you.

A few weeks ago my overused cheapy DVD player broke so I reluctantly resorted to watching Japanese TV. It's not that I don't like it, it's more that my Japanese just isn't good enough to know what's going on!

Sometimes though TV can transcend all language barriers as it did in this TV clip that I saw the other night. It was some sort of show where contestants had to take it in turns to see how long it'd take them to reach the finishing line of a running track EXCEPT they had to first sit on their knees for a few hours beforehand.......it just tickled my sense of humour.....just like me after zazen, hahaha










1 comment:

  1. Oh my God, this is brilliant Jess. I laughed out loud, and then I heard your laugh - ah.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete