Thursday, October 1, 2009

ALT Lesson Plans with Eigo Note. Lesson 4- I can swim

OK here are my 4 parts to Eigo Note lesson number 4 "I can swim". Target language is "Can you....?" and the response "Yes I can" or "No I can't". Quite a lot to learn here including some really random vocab like "Lets make rice balls and miso soup" and "Lets make them together" which is a bit off topic.


Anyhow, I'll stop babbling. Here are my lesson plans for Eigo Note lesson 4:

Grade 6 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 4- (6.10) Can you part 1 Can you play....sports*
Grade 6 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 4- (6.11) Can you part 2 Can you play...music
Grade 6 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 4- (6.12) Can you part 3 Genki English superheros
Grade 6 Lesson Eigo Note Lesson 4- (6.13) Can you part 4 Presentations


Also the listening exercise which they suggest on page 24 of Eigo Note for the first lesson is fairly difficult for beginners so I decided on the following lesson flow:

i) Start with sports since pupils are already familiar with most sports.

ii) Move onto music and you can play the band game which had my 6th graders go crazy and have fun (often it's like talking to a brick wall)

iii) Introduce other concepts around "I can...." such as I can fly, I can jump etc and great opportunity to introduce the Genki English superhero theme (I can jump, I can hide, I can cook etc) which they enjoyed and also making sure they can tackle the listening exercise on page 24 of Eigo Note

iv) Do presentations of what you can/can't do. I do like the fact that the 4th part of Eigo Note lesson is always the "show what we have learnt" & finale.


* For the interview sheet, I just photocopied the sports pictures on page 26 & 27 of Eigo Note and stuck them horizontally onto the grid of an A4 sheet. I just left spaces for them to write their friends' names going vertically. I then made copies from this sheet.

Good luck, feel free to post any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment